Update POLYSEQ & CANAL
In order to update Magerit POLYSEQ or CANAL, you need to follow a few simple steps. You will see how quickly you have the latest firmware version installed on your module.
Depending the module, the diagram conection may change.
Follow the connection diagram (DO NOT CONNECT +5V pin!). Once connected to the programmer and the programmer to the computer, turn on your Eurorack system.
In order to install avrdude on Windows, just download the “avrdude_install” .zip, and uncompress it on your hard drive’s root folder. This process must be done only once.
Connect the module to the board and load the “Arduino ISP” sketch (you will find it in the examples tab in Arduino IDE ). Once uploaded, close the app and run CMD.
At the moment, there is no Windows application, so a .txt file is included with the necessary commands. Follow the instructions there.
- Open TERMINAL app.
- Copy the following code and press ENTER/RETURN. (You might be asked to introduce your password, type it and press ENTER).
ruby -e "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/master/install)" 2> /dev/null
- Wait until it finishes. Remember that this process will be done only once.
brew install avrdude
Brilliant! Now you have avrdude installed on your Mac.
Connect the module to the board and load the “Arduino ISP” sketch (you will find it in the examples tab in Arduino IDE ). Once uploaded, close the app and run “Magerit Updater” ( *).
Follow the instructions of the program:
- A start-up message will appear, click on accept.
- Then choose the module to update. It is obvious, but very important to select the correct module. If not, you could damage it.
- Select your programmer’s port.
- The module will start updating automatically. A terminal tab will open. The module will update and restart in a few seconds.
- While updating, another window will appear (it may be hidden under the terminal) indicating that you must wait until the process is finished. If you see “avrdude done. Thank you” in the terminal, it means that the process has been completed successfully. Now, click continue in the pop-up window.
- Good, your module has now the latest version installed!
If you still have doubts, here you will find a YouTube video explaining how to update it:
*In case Magerit Updater app throws an error pop-up, open TERMINAL and copy the following command:
xattr -cr (arrastre aquí la app Magerit Updater)
Then, press ENTER. Fine! Now you can open the app like any other.